Photo Gallery

Login

Search

News & Updation

  • WJPPS MARCH ISSUE PUBLISHED
  • MARCH 2019 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 March 2019

  • WJPPS Impact Factor
  • Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJPPS Impact Factor has been increased from 6.647 to 7.421 due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • ICV
  • WJPPS Rank with Index Copernicus Value 84.65 due to high reputation at International Level

  • Call for Paper
    • WJPPS  Invited to submit your valuable manuscripts for Coming Issue.
  • Updated Version
  • WJPPS introducing updated version of OSTS (online submission and tracking system), which have dedicated control panel for both author and reviewer. Using this control panel author can submit manuscript
  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.
  •  

Abstract

PRESCRIBING PATTERNS AND COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ANTIBIOTICS IN GENERAL MEDICINE DEPARTMENT AT A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL, PEERANCHERU

Tayseen Unissa, Fareeda Begum, Humera Khaleda, Dr. Moazam Ali*, Dr. Shaik Kareemullah and Dr. Hozefa

ABSTRACT

Antibiotics are the most commonly prescribed drugs in hospitals. Antibiotic resistance among pathogenic microorganisms is a matter of worldwide concern. The objective of this study is to determine the use of antibiotic Rational / Irrational use in a tertiary care hospital. This prospective study was carried out from in-patient as well as out-patient of General ward at a teaching hospital, Peerancheru. The study was carried out for a period of six to eight months from July 2017 to February 2018. In this study, 175 prescriptions were analyzed. Out of 175 prescriptions most of them were found to prescribe with more than one antibiotic. 70% of the prescriptions (125) were found to be rational and remaining 30% of prescriptions (50) was irrationally given The distributions of disease among 175 prescriptions are upper respiratory tract infection URTI, lower respiratory tract infection LRTI, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD, urinary tract infection UTI. In another study, antibiotics were commonly used in respiratory tract infection and urinary tract infections. Rational use of antibiotics gives positive response but irrational used increases the possibility of antibiotic resistance. So there is need of a clinical pharmacist to aid and evaluate prescriptions and to provide better patient care in all the health care units to give opinion to the physician in civilizing prescribing skills. In this study, Ceftriaxone and amoxicillin was commonly prescribed antibiotics. Amoxicillin (36%) was found to be the major resistant antibiotic followed by Ciprofloxacin (30%).

Keywords: Antibiotics, Drug utilization, Internal Medicine ward, Bacterial resistance, Quality of life, Culture sensitivity testing, patient care.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More